- Go to www.oncorp.com
- Hover over Business Services and select view all products.
- Please note that we have two separate Ontario Articles of Incorporation – Using My Own Data and Pre-defined Sample. When trying to choose between the two, please refer to this link found on our website, https://www.oncorp.com/oncorphome/pages/start-a-business-other/incorporate-ontario.aspx
a) Pre-Defined Sample: The pre-defined Articles of Incorporation include standard legal precedents compliant with the Ontario Business Corporations Act. When you choose this option, you only need to supply variable data such as the corporate name, address, director and incorporator’s name(s) and address(es). The relevant precedents will be populated in the appropriate sections based on your selection from the 2 types of corporate structures offered. You may still edit the pre-defined data if required. Two templates are available – simply select the option that matches your corporate structure:
• Common shares only
• Common and preference shares
b) Using My Own Data: If your corporate structure does not fall into one of the above categories, or if you wish to use your own custom precedents, please select the option “My own data”.
If unsure, please seek legal advice to determine which best suits your Corporation.
- Go Corporation Filing Services tab. From there, select “Ontario Articles of Incorporation” using a pre-defined sample (NOTE* You can insert your own articles, but this will have standard clauses for articles 5-9.) Please note that while these will work for most businesses, please ensure that pre-defined will work for yours.
- Once you select “Ontario Articles of Incorporation using a pre-defined sample”, you’ll reach our Terms and Conditions
- Please make sure to select, “I agree and comply” in order to move ahead with the Ontario Articles of Incorporation:
- It will then prompt you to enter your contact information as follows (NOTE* this is just your purchase information) Please make to enter the phone number with a dash:
- From the Template Index, you can select VIEW to see any templates you have on hand first, then you are able to go ahead and click user to open one up to start entering information:
- For numbered corporations please follow step six and ignore seven. For named corporations Please proceed right to step seven. Regardless of name you will be required to fill out the NAICS. NAICS is a 5-digit code that determines which category your business falls under. Clients may either search by keyword, i.e., dance, which will provide a drop-down list of options with their respective code OR simply input the code if you know it:
- If this is a numbered corporation, you will select the first option (Numbered Corp. Ending with):
- If this is a named corporation, you will want to enter your NUANS reservation report details (NOTE* make sure that you include Reservation No., as well as the date that NUANS report was produced. You will also need to add a legal ending to the end of the NUANS name ex. Dye and Durham is the corporation's name we added INC. in this example.)
- Next, follow through with the following articles accordingly following the prompts and completing the articles. Note for section 4 and 10 once you save the director/corporation information, click on save in the textbox and the name will appear at the bottom:
- Once sections 1 – 10 are completed, please proceed to section 11 located on the bar at the top. This is a new legal requirement for corporations in Ontario and a director or law firm that manages the legal duty of the business must input their email. This will also be the method in which you receive your company key:
- Once that is complete on that same bar at the top of the menu select T&C to sign off on your articles:
- Finally, to submit the articles please click the Validate button at the top. Once the system ensures there are no error the submit button will appear:
- Congratulations! After a few minutes you can head to your submitted tab and your articles should be available and ready for you to print by clicking “Articles of Incorporation”. Please print these and keep them somewhere safe as your data will be available for 90 days. You are welcome to click Initial Return to file the Initial Return right away if you would like. Legal Supplies allows to you to order Legal Supplies right away, if you are interested.
*NOTE Once completed if you don’t have access the articles of incorporation to check your pop-up blocker and refresh: