Placing a new order for documents is a five-step process. Click Create New Order to go to step one.
Step One: Locate the Property Management Company
- In the Order Reference/Folio field, you can enter your own client identifier (e.g., SMITH123) to "tag" each order. Whatever you enter here will appear on your order statement/receipt, along with charges for the order. If you pass such costs along to your clients, this can help you with your accounting. This field is optional so it is not mandatory you complete this field. Any fields that have the "Red Asterik" beside them are mandatory fields that must be completed before you can place your order.
- Enter the property's Strata Plan number and Strata Lot number. eStrataHub follows the Land Title and Survey Authority requirement that every Strata Plan number have a 3 letter prefix (the system also accommodates four-character/five-number Federal and First Nations plan numbers). Those generally older properties without numbers must have prefixes added and you can find those prefixes by clicking the "Learn More" link after the "The Strata Plan must have a proper 3 or 4 letter prefix" text. If you don't know the Strata Plan number, click the link to search by building name. In the pop-up window, start typing the name of the building, and a list of possible candidates will appear. If the one you want appears, click on it, and the Strata Plan field will be filled in for you.
- In the Acknowledgement section, indicate your role by selecting Real Estate Agents, Lawyers & Notaries, or Homeowners
- Click Next.
** NOTE: THIS STEP APPLIES TO BC ONLY** - Some properties have multiple sections (e.g., a building with retail stores on the ground floor, commercial offices above, and residential units on top). Each section will have its own council, and may have its own Property Management company. In this situation, you will be able to choose from an index like the one below. (Note that you may have to indicate your role again.) Select the correct management firm, then select Real Estate Agents, Lawyers & Notaries, or Homeowners (APIC customers only) and click Next.
Some Property Management companies require that customers agree to pay for unclaimed orders. You might see a dialog message like the one below, asking you to decide before continuing to Step Two (below).
Step Two: New Order Details
1. Enter the property's civic address.
2. Click the check boxes to order as many documents as you require. These choices will vary depending on the Property Management company and the province you chose. If you select any documents have a check mark in the "Available Immediately" column, they may be able to be delivered to you immediately after the order is placed, depending on how the Property Management company has their account set up.
3. If you select any Minutes documents, date range fields may (again it depends on how the Property Management company has their account set up) appear so you can specify a time period for each type of Minutes document. Click the Month and Year fields to choose a start and end date.
4. Select a Delivery Date for your order. The Delivery Date is the date that the Property Management company will deliver your order with the documents attached. Your Delivery Date (along with what documents are selected and the fees the Property Management company that manages the property set up) will determine priority fees associated with your order. When you select a date, a pop-up will appear on the right side of the screen with the estimated cost of your order.
You may alter the priority fee by selecting a new Delivery Date.
The traffic-light indicates the Property Management company's cut-off time. Orders received before this time are considered to be received on the current day. Orders received after this time are considered to be received on the following business day (this becomes important when priority charges are involved).
A green light indicates that you have more than 10 minutes until cut-off. Yellow indicates that cut-off is less than 10 minutes away. Red indicates that the day's cut-off has passed. Enter the date by which you need the documents delivered. The estimated delivery cost will appear below the Date Required field and also on the floating estimate box.
5. Select a Reason for Order from the drop down selection.
6. If you want to add any comments or special instructions for the Property Management company, enter them in the Comments field.
7. Choose whether the Current Owner is a Person or a Business, and eStrataHub will display the appropriate input fields. Enter information about the current property owner. In the case of a sale, adding the name and number of the current owner's lawyer can save time.
8. The My Contact Information section is where you complete information about yourself, as notifications for the orders status will be delivered to you. The first time you order, you must enter your contact information. The information will auto populate on any orders after that.
If information about yourself changes (such as your email) make sure that you update this section on your next order.
9. Some Property Management companies offer Additional Delivery Options such as mail, courier, fax, or document pickup (along with a cost for these additional options).
Remember that Additional Delivery Options are optional. eStrataHub provides files as downloadable PDF documents, which will likely eliminate the need for you to receive the paper documents.
10. Once everything is correct, click Next. eStrataHub will ask you to confirm your email address as this email address will be the one to receive the order notifications alerting you to log in to complete payment or other actions required for this order.
If it is correct, click Yes to go to Step 3. If it is incorrect, click No to stay on Step 2 and make the correction in the email fields for your Contact Information.
Step Three: Additional Details
Step three appears only if the reason for the order is "Sale Or Change to Title", "Register Lease", “Family Transfer/Alter Title” or if a Form F was requested. In these cases, the system asks for further details.
1. In the top part of the screen:
• Enter the property's Legal Description, PID, Completion date and Possession date. Using the mouse, click the calendar to choose a date. Lawyers or notaries who request a Form F may be asked to confirm the sale on the business day following the completion date.
• Optionally, enter the Adjustment date.
• If you want to know the name of the property's insurance company or the Move In and/or Move Out fees, select one or more of the check boxes. The information will appear on your package's cover sheet.
2. Click Add Registered Owner and provide information in the pop-up box about all who will be on Title at the Land Title and Survey Authority. (If there is more than one Registered Owner, repeat this step until you add them all.) Please include everyone who is currently on Title and who is being added to Title.
3. Once everything is correct, click Review Order.
Step Four: Review Order
Once you get to the "Review Order" page, eStrataHub will automatically save your order as a draft. This will allow you to come back later (if need be) and resume placing your order without having to re-enter all of the details.
If you do not want your order saved as a draft you can press the "Cancel & Delete Draft" to cancel your order and remove the auto-saved draft.
1. Review the order details carefully.
2. If you have to change something, click Edit Order to return to step two.
3. Some Property Management companies require Realtors to upload a signed PDF copy of the Listing Agreement to validate their request for property documents or an signed PDF Owner Authorization Form (which can be found on the Real Estate Council of BC website). If this is so, and your role is Realtor, an Attach Listing Agreement field will appear. Click Browse, and navigate to your PDF copy of the Listing Agreement that you have saved on your computer.
4. Some Property Management companies may require a title search to be uploaded before the order can be placed.
If your order requires a Title Search, you may either attach a Title Search PDF document that you already have saved on your computer (by clicking the "Browse" button"), or you may use eStrataHub to purchase a Title Search by clicking "Click Here to Purchase Your Title Search Now".
4. Click Place Order when you are ready. If you choose to place your order via BC OnLine then placing the order will immediately go to step 5 of the order progress. If you are using your APIC account to place the order then the system will guide you through the credit card process.
Step Five: Order Placed
1. The system displays a message indicating that you have successfully placed the order. Click Return to Orders to go back to "My Orders". You will receive an e-mail notification when the Property Management company accepts or rejects your order.
2. Your new order is now listed on the "My Orders" page. Note the Status of your order—it starts off as "New" and then changes as the Property Management company take it to completion.
If you wish to cancel your order, you can only do so while the order status is "New".
Once the Property Management company accepts your order, then only they can cancel the order. It is best to use the Messages feature to ask the Property Management company to cancel the order.
Article is closed for comments.