Please be advised that ProSuiteTM V8.8 will be available on Saturday, May 6th, 2017. During the upgrade ProSuite will be unavailable to customers between 10:00 p.m. Friday, May 5th and 10:00 a.m. on Saturday, May 6th
What’s being upgraded?
To get a sneak peak at how easy it will be to use all the new features included in this release, attend one of our live pre or post release webinars:
ACCOUNT – OTHER CHARGES
Many of you have requested the ability to add items to the statement of account that are identified as ‘other charges’ and we’re pleased to tell you this feature is now available.
To facilitate this new feature, the following changes have been made
- The Disbursement tab name has been changed to Disb/Other Charges.
- An option has been added to the Disb/Other Charges tab to indicate if the entry is a Disbursement or Other Charge.
- Other Charges will be displayed on the file matter Account tab separated into taxable and non-taxable other charges.
- The generated Client Account will include Other Charges sections.
- Reference to ‘estimated Other Charges’ will appear in the account section on the Purchasers Statement of Adjustments and on the Order to Pay. (Please note: If you require changes to your custom version of any of these documents you must submit a Master Doc Request from the ProSuite Help Centre menu ribbon.)
To ensure that this new feature does not affect our customers that do not charge ‘Other Charges’, we have done the following:
- Disbursement will be selected by default for each new item added to the Disb/Other Charges tab
- If no Other Charges are created on the file matter, there will be no reference to them on the Account tab or in the generated Client Account, Statement of Adjustments or Order to Pay documents.
MULTIPLE COPIES OF A FILE
We have made changes to how a file is opened by one user and by multiple users as follows:
- A single user can open only one instance of a file.
- A file can be opened for editing by one user only. If a file is open by one user and another user tries to open the same file, they will receive a message indicating that the file has been locked for editing by another user. They can choose to open a ‘read only’ version of the file.
- Read-only versions of a file will not allow data changes however documents can be generated.
It is recommended that users ensure files are closed when they have finished working on them. When a file is closed, it is unlocked. To help firm administrators manage locked files, an Unlock File tab has been added to the My Firm screen. Follow these steps to unlock a file:
- On the My Firm> Unlock File tab select the file you wish to unlock
- Click the Unlock File button
- The file will no longer be visible on the Unlock File tab as it is no longer locked
- Unlocking a file allows another user to open the file for editing
You’ll notice that your ProSuite desktop shortcut now looks different! We have now standardized the logo used throughout the program.
UNDERTAKING TAB ADDED TO SALE AND MORTGAGE FILES
An Undertaking tab is now available in both Sale and Mortgage files. You can add undertakings to your file manually, or you can utilize the existing Undertaking Library to select from your library of undertaking items.
Tip: When creating My Firm>Undertaking Library items, add the file type in the Title for easy reference.
The following letters have been modified to pick up any undertaking items entered on the Undertaking tab:
- (S-090) Ltr to Purchasers Solicitor
- (M-110) Ltr to Mortgagors Solicitor - Undertaking
- (M-250) Ltr to Mortgagors Solicitor Enclosing Proceeds
- (M-111) Ltr to Lenders Solicitor Returning Docs
- The Open BC OnLine Website button has been removed from the Taxes screen as tax certificates can no longer be obtained through BC OnLine. For your convenience, the link will now appear in the top right of your file matter screen on the links toolbar. Stay tuned for further improvements regarding obtaining tax certificates!
- The layout of the taxes screen has been modified, the Import from File button has been removed and an Apply/Remove button has been added for Outstanding Utilities.
- The BC OnLine credentials fields have been removed from the User>Third Party Accounts tab as these credentials are not used by ProSuite.
- For easy viewing, in addition to the progress bar that appears in the lower left of your file matter screen, a progress bar will also be displayed in the top left of your file matter screen.
- A message has been added to the Property>Charges Removed screen in Sale and Mortgage files reminding you that you must look up the correct charge holder branch. Note - as there is no branch information available on a title search, when charges are created from a title search import the first found global charge holder contact name that matches the charge holder on title is used to populate the charge holder field. You must look-up and select the correct lender branch for each charge.
We are pleased to report that the following bugs have now been fixed:
- Mortgage Files – apply to OTP buttons were creating Order to Pay items with the Deducted By field set to Lender. These items will now have the Deducted By field set to Notary/Lawyer so they automatically appear on the correct Order to Pay.
- Purchase and Family Transfer files incorrectly had a Deducted By field on the Mortgage>Order to Pay tab. These fields have been removed.
- Mortgage Files – outstanding taxes applied to OTP were incorrectly showing the payee name as your firm name rather than the City/Town name.
- Form A and Form B were not completing schedules correctly when 4 parties at the same address were joint tenants as to fractional interests.
- Vendors Statement of Adjustments was not showing listing commission when no deposit paid or selling commission entered.
- PTT Code 49 Newly Built home exemption calculations have been extended to require both the Canadian Citizen/Permanent Resident checkbox and the Are you applying for the first time home buyers’ or newly built home exemption checkbox be selected.
- Financial Transaction Report did not include deleted files. The report will now include deleted files and provide a summary of all deleted files for quick reference.
- Report period on Contact Summary report did not include an end date.
- ProTrust – file matter transfer receipt tab’s Type field was being overwritten incorrectly.
- ProTrust – transferring a cheque to another file was changing the date.
- ProTrust – Cheque “from Where” field was not noting the correct source tab under some circumstances.
- ProTrust – Receipts tab was not retaining and displaying history.
- The Trust Account Bank field on the General tab was not saving the value when switching tabs.
- Navigation performance has been improved on the Notes tab.
How Do You Upgrade?
Automatic Installation During Initial Login:
- When a new ProSuite software upgrade is available, ProSuite will automatically download and install the new version the first time you launch the application on your computer following the release.
- The software download and upgrade usually take about 5 to 10 minutes for a simple update, but depend on several factors including: the available network bandwidth at your office, the size of the upgrade and how many upgrade downloads are occurring at the same time.
- ProSuite will display the status of the download and upgrade.
- When the upgrade has completed, you will be able to login to ProSuite.
If you require further assistance, please contact customer service at 1.866.367.7648 or email@example.com.